As we are sure you are all aware from Liverpool has been named as an area of Local Intervention and will be subjected to local restrictions.
As a result we are asking all who are able to wear a face covering while in communal areas of the school.
This is the letter we sent out on Friday Letter about wearing a face covering
We have produced a risk assessment, a link which can be found below, it details the measures that have been put in place to reduce the risk of infection.
The DFE guidance is about minimising risk of catching Covid and the best way of doing this is preventative and by doing the following:
1) minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school
2) clean hands thoroughly more often than usual
3) ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
4) introduce enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach
5) minimise contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible
A letter was sent from school with information this week (24.8.20) A copy can be found below.
Liverpool City Council also sent out a letter about the return to school which is below
The NSPCC have information about talking to children about returning to school.
This is a link to their website
The government have produced a site with information and practical guidance for parents to use support their child’s return to school, It can be found here, gov.uk/backtoschool
Returning from holidays abroad:
As you will know there are restrictions in place regarding travel from some foreign countries so any pupils returning from countries that are subject to restrictions should not return to school for 14 days and should isolate at home. This is a vitally important measure to help control and contain COVID-19.
The list of countries requiring isolation for 14 days can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors
If this is the case for your child please can you contact the school office, it will not affect their placement and you will not be fined.