|Bank View School recognises that positive behaviour is a key element of creating confident, independent and skilled learners who able to make a valuable contribution to society.
The key principles of the policy are:
· Students are consulted and contribute towards the behaviour policy
· Students are confident and self-assured learners
· Students have a positive attitude and are respectful to the school community
· Students are proud of their school
· Students are self-disciplined and incidents of low level behaviour are rare
· Students understand how their education equips them with the behaviours and attitudes necessary to succeed in the next stage of education, training or employment
· To facilitate a sustained improvement in Students’ behaviour within targeted groups. Where behaviour is already excellent, this is maintained. (See reward structure)
· Students work hard to prevent all forms of bullying, including online and prejudice-based bullying
· Students feel safe within school and are ready to learn
· Students can manage behaviour effectively during unstructured play such as at lunch time.