Careers information for teachers
All teachers should link their curriculum learning with careers.
Some ideas to engage your classes with careers are as follows:-
- Show a short video clip as a starter activity using the resources on careersbox / icould / firstcareers or BBC bitesize careers to show the relevance of lessons for possible future careers
- Discuss careers linked to specific parts of your curriculum —use this website to help you https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/explore-careers
- Set a homework task to research different careers related to your subject.
- Browse and use the careers lesson inserts on the world of work website—https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/lesson-inserts
- Utilise STEM careers resources— https://www.stem.org.uk/resources
- Take into account growth industries in the Liverpool City Region—https://growthplatform.org/sectors/
- Request support from your Careers Leader / Enterprise Coordinator to bring in a guest speaker to talk to students about careers or to deliver part of a lesson. The STEM Ambassador Programme or Inspiring the Future can support with this
- Take a look at the Gatsby Benchmark 4 Toolkit
- Read the Careers in the Curriculum ‘What works’ report
- Visit the Forum Talent Potential website to view case studies about employer-linked curriculum projects